Friday, June 17, 2011

Cover Up in Style - Runway to Pool

In land locked Hot-lanta (sorry Bert Show – the locals will know what I mean), neighborhood pools are the only sanctum from our drought ridden summers.  Girls in the south are known for their style and I admit, the pool has been a weak spot for me.

If you’re like me, it takes me about 45 minutes to even get to the nearest pool and it happens to be about 10 houses down the street from me in our neighborhood.  My husband is usually soaking up the rays, empty handed and un-sunscreened, WAY before I can get out the door.

I end up arriving in sunscreen streaked black shorts and a tank top I’ve slept in the night before.  No more, I say!  This year I’m arriving in style with my favorite picks for fun swimsuit cover ups.

By the way, I’m also over the terry cloth look.  Everyone rushed to Target a couple of years ago to pick up the mock Juicy cover ups.  My version ended up fading and pilling up, not the runway to pool look I was going for.

I’m venturing out into a couple of fun styles this year, caftans and crochet!

Here are some picks for runway to pool style, I think you will love:

Crochet Swimsuit Cover Ups:





Caftan Swimsuit Cover Ups:







1 comment:

  1. Hi Style Sunshine,

    I could not find your e-mail so I am contacting you via comments, hope you don’t mind :-). I came across your blog when I was searching for awesome fashion experts online and I love your work on your blog! You have excellent taste and an amazing sense of style and truly a trend setter, thus I want to personally invite you to be one of the top fashion Advisors on ShopSquad http://www.shopsquad.com/landing/bloggers/?vsrc=fash1026, a free shopping advice website where shoppers and your readers can ask Advisors (i.e. you!) for advice.

    If you recommend something that is purchased, you get a percentage of the sale. You're already sharing your expertise through your blog, so why not earn more money for it? You can also earn $5 for each of your readers who signs up.

    Read our great press http://www.shopsquad.com/about/?vsrc=fash1026 coverage or learn how ShopSquad works http://www.shopsquad.com/howitworks/?vsrc=fash1026. When you're ready, sign up free at www.shopsquad.com. http://www.shopsquad.com/?vsrc=fash1026

    Feel free to ask me any questions: marshall@shopsquad.com.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete