Monday, April 18, 2011

Maxi-mize Skirts this Summer

I’ve become OB-sessed with maxi skirts after missing out on a Gilt sale on a gorgeous Missoni that will be mine someday!

Maxi skirts are the perfect boho chic item for summer, pair them with flats or thong sandals for a fun casual night out at a rooftop restaurant this summer.

They also help us pale leg girls compete with the bronzed beauties in the super short minis by helping us cover our Casper (yes, as in the friendly ghost) like legs in a fun and trendy manner. 

Here are my picks for best maxi.  These are super cute with a peasant blouse, tank top or my personal favorite – a strapless top for a  casual night out.  They can be dressed up or down for day to evening which is imperative for my multi tasking wardrobe.



I’m on a mission to make this first skirt my wardrobe staple this summer.  It says casual and California to me and is neutral but with a punch of turquoise for summer.

This would be perfect with the tube top above or a white halter:




Perfect with a black or gray tank:


For work or play in very comfy jersey material:



As Rachel Zoe so often blogs, here is a parallel universe (but the opposite of Rachel's way), this means for princess budgets and I’m so glad JCrew is throwing in free shipping on this one (whew!):

No comments:

Post a Comment