Thursday, February 24, 2011

Get Your Groove on the 70s are Back!

The Peasant Blouse – a Must Have for Spring!

The 70s are back and as a child of this era, I’m a ready to get the skinny on this fab new trend!

To start with, peasant blouses.  I have experience with a brief foray into this trend in the late 90s with what we called “the poet blouse”.  The only problem with the poet blouse is it had to be white and that one Jerry Seinfeld incident put a bad taste in my mouth on the trend and it seemed to die off shortly after.  I believe it was called the “puffy blouse” episode.

The peasant blouse is more fun because it can be any color and channels a sweet, feminine spring day style.  You could pair with a flowy skirt or a cute pair of your favorite jeans.  I recommend wearing the style with a snug fitting bottom so you don’t feel too puffy or sloppy. 

It reminds me of two of my favorite shows from the 70s!  The girls from Charlie’s Angels and Three’s Company new exactly how to flaunt this trend.


Here are some present day peasant tops to guarantee to have you rocking this trend in no time!

Real Budget



Big Budget



Okay and I have to put one more, a girl can dream.


No Budget - You have to love this price!!!  I love Forever 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment